Spiritual direction is a Christ-centred discipline that has been a source of spiritual nurture for people all over the world for many centuries. Spiritual direction is an opportunity to meet with a spiritual director and reflect on aspects of your life in a safe space. It is a form of “soul” care that allows a person to examine their relationship with God through the use of spiritual practices such as different types of prayer, Mediation, Visio Divina, Lectio Divina, Gospel Contemplation, Mindfulness, time in nature and silence & solitude retreats.
Many people can benefit from spiritual direction. For example:
- those who already have a relationship with God but desire to have a deeper relationship with Him
- those who feel like they no longer notice the presence of God in their life
- those who do not know God but would like to get to know him in a safe and a non-judgemental environment
- those who are facing major decisions or feel like they are in a season of spiritual crisis
- those who need a friend as they journey through grief
- and so much more.
Regardless of the reason a person seeks spiritual direction, the one desire is to hear from God, to feel His love, and to experience grace.
Spiritual direction can be experienced as an individual, in a small group, as well as in a retreat setting.